King County WA Paralegal Services Seattle FAQ

King County 
			WA Paralegal Services Family Law FAQ

Family law paralegal: 206-471-1245

If you cannot find the question you are looking for, please submit a new one for consideration to be added to our FAQ.

Below are some of the most commonly asked questions. If you do not find what you are looking for below, go to our contact page to submit your questions. Please note that the information provided on this site is NOT legal advice, but simply provided at an additional source-you should always seek advice from an attorney and complete your own due diligence.

Q: Legal separation versus divorce/dissolution, what is the difference?

A: Legal separation is much like a divorce. However, when legally separated, the individuals cannot not remarry unless they legally convert their legal separation to a divorce. Individuals chose to become legally separation instead of divorce for religious reason or to retain certain marital benefits, e.g. inheritance.

Q: What is an Annulment?

A: Washington State does not have an annulment, however, a rarely used action called a petition for a declaration of invalidity exists, which is like an annulment because it declares that the marriage was void/could not legally exist from the day that it started. The court can declare a marriage invalid if: one or both parties were underage (under 17); lack of required parental or court approval for persons under age 18; one or both parties was already married when the marriage took place; the parties are too closely related by blood; one spouse lacked capacity to consent to the marriage, either because of mental incapacity or because of the influence of alcohol or drugs; or a party was induced to enter into the marriage by force or duress; or by fraud involving the essentials of marriage. However, in order to use one of the six reasons above to have your marriage declared void, the petitioner must PROVE that the parties have not continued their marriage by voluntarily continuing to live together as husband and wife after turning 18, after having the ability to consent, after the force or duress had stopped, or after the fraud was discovered. In General, remember that you have to prove the reason being used.

Q: How do you fill out Divorce paperwork with children involved.

A: Hire somebody that knows how.

For King County WA paralegal document preparation fees.

Paralegal document services King County WA for Seattle 98115, Seattle 98103, Seattle 98133, Seattle 98105, Seattle 98118, Seattle 98125, Seattle 98198, Seattle 98168, Seattle 98155, Seattle 98122, Seattle 98117, Seattle 98144, Seattle 98146, Seattle 98178, Seattle 98106, Seattle 98108, Seattle 98116, Seattle 98107, Seattle 98112, Seattle 98119, Seattle 98102 in Washington State.

Paralegal Family Law 206-471-1245

Attorney Family Law 206-683-3985

Sitemap | KP News | TNC | Useful Information |FAQ | KP Fees | Contact KP

King Paralegals Family Law Attorney and Paralegal Services for North King County WA, including Seattle Redmond Bothell Kirkland Kenmore Shoreline Bellevue Renton. King Paralegals provides services for family law document preparation for the surrounding Lake Washington area.